Some highlights: (SPOILERS included below)
- Amber Heard's scenery chewing performance and the music that accompanies her every time she's on the screen. She may be the one thing in this movie that makes it so jarring.
- The fact that I counted 3 times that the editor LITERALLY dubbed dialogue over someone's mouth saying something else. As an editor, I was appalled. Did you really think we wouldn't notice??
- Kevin Costner's estranged wife of 5 years that takes him back with open arms and pretends that nothing ever happened between the two and constantly tells him that she loves him. Um...he left you!
- Hailee Steinfeld as the bratty bi-polar daughter who hates our hero one moment and then adores him the next.
- Kevin Costner's delightful ringtone his daughter gave herself on his phone that always rings at the most embarrassing moments. They don't overuse this joke (/sarcasm.)
- Kevin Costner's witty retorts to villains and henchmen. "You're all a bunch of turds!!" He said it. He really said it.
- Hey, at least it was set in Paris. I feel sorry for Paris.
- One word: Christmas
EMILY RATING: 2/10. See this if you're big on unintentional laughs.