Time for 2014
10. 22 Jumpstreet - 21 Jumpstreet was surprisingly hilarious and surprisingly well-received. I'm excited about a sequel...I just hope it's nearly as funny as the first.
9. Noah - Darren Aronofsky is either love him (Black Swan) or hate him (The Fountain,) so this movie depicting the story of the prophet Noah, certainly could go either way. The trailer was stunning and the talent is certainly there to make this an unforgettable film. If nothing else, perhaps this story can see the big screen glory that it certainly can be capable of.
8. The Giver - This was one of my favorite books I've ever had to read for school and I'm pretty excited that a film is finally being made from it. Plus Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges give me confidence that this adaptation is going to be taken seriously. What doesn't give me confidence? Taylor Swift and Katie Holmes both having roles. Guess we'll have to wait and see if the film is good despite them!
6. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 - As I've said, this isn't a franchise I crave to visit...but the ending of Catching Fire definitely makes you anticipate the story to come.
3. The Amazing Spider-man 2 - This, like X-men, is likely trying to tackle wayyyy too many things at once. But the difference is, that this trailer makes me feel slightly more confident that the gamble will pay off. It blows me away when I see it and I'm excited to take another spin in this universe.
2. The Hobbit: There and Back Again - Haters gonna hate, but I've thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy and I can't wait to see its resolution. Plus more Smaug can't be a bad thing AT ALL.
1. Interstellar - Details about Christopher Nolan's follow-up after finishing the Dark Knight trilogy are incredibly vague right now....but with a fabulous cast and that man at the helm, it's sure to be one of the year's best films. Plus as great as those Batman films are, I think I slightly prefer what he does with really fresh ideas. They take shape in an unforgettable way, and so Interstellar couldn't be more welcome as far as I'm concerned!
Agree? Disagree? Did I miss anything?