I had so much fun with my list from last year that I decided this has to become a yearly tradition! Since I'm nowhere near ready to give you a yearly best list, and not quiiiiiiite near ready to give you the yearly worst list (but hopefully that's later this week...), THESE movies I don't have to see to know they make the list....since the point of the list is me refusing to see them :) With that in mind, we'll go ahead and post the films from 2012 I would never go out of my way to watch....be it theater, dollar theater, redbox, netflix instant or even on tv. These movies I will avoid like the plague until my dying day. We'll start with #10!
7. A Thousand Words - It pretty much seems like a given nowadays that if you walk into an Eddie Murphy movie, disaster will be sure to follow. These family comedies he seems to be making nowadays are just awful. It's a shame it's come to this, but I basically now associate his name now with painfully unwatchable, stupid films.Speaking of actors who I associate terrible movies with, that brings me to the next two on the list...
6. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - I'll admit I never saw the first Ghost Rider, for the same reason I'm putting this one on this list: the ridiculousness of Nicolas Cage. But the fact that this has a 4.4 Rating on IMDb and a 17% Rotten Tomatoes score doesn't hurt either in labeling this as "unwatchable" It/s hard enough seeing this goof ball in any action films anymore, let alone "superhero" ones.
5. Stolen - Taken 2 was close to making my list. But why include that when you've got Taken 2 AND Nicolas Cage combined?? All I needed to see was the poster for a good laugh at this film. [And the picture to the left....that is a REAL still...] It's like they weren't even trying to hide the plagiarism. "Oh let's do the plot of Taken, but let's have Nicolas Cage do it... he's up for anything. But what should we call it?" *Grabs a thesaurus and looks for a synonym of the word taken...* "I got it!!! Stolen!" I seriously think this was the thought process of some of the people involved in this film...
4. The Three Stooges - Okay you know it's a problem when Sean Hayes is your most marketable person in a film. Haha actually this film did have some bigger stars in the supporting cast including Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Hudson, Jane Lynch and....Kirby Heyborne? Wait what? The trailers all looked horrible and completely devoid of laughs. Some things were purely a product of their time and cannot be made modern. I feel like this is one of those cases. true I haven't actually seen it myself, but once again the critics and people of imdb have my back again.
3. That's My Boy - How does Adam Sandler follow up something like Jack & Jill? He makes a comedy inspired by the story of Mary Kay Letourneau....starring as a now adult man who, as a teen, fathered a child with his much older teacher. Classy. Did I say classy? The word I meant was trashy...and the trailer gave no indication of any better. I find Andy Samberg to be generally pretty likable....but I don't think even he could have tempted me to watch this.
1. Madea's Witness Protection - So what could be more excruciatingly painful than Twilight? That is indeed the eternal question isn't it? Well the answer is this: I'm not sure if I would ever be able to survive a viewing experience of this or any Madea movie. WHAT.....I ask you, WHAT is the appeal of a black man dressing as an obese woman? (Or any man dressing as a fat woman for that matter?!) Because Tyler Perry, Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy can't seem to get enough of it. And apparently audiences are too....but seriously WHAT audience is craving this? I just can't understand it. Every time I see a trailer for one of these movies I cringe for almost a lifetime (yeah that's right, I'm STILL cringing...) Twilight ended, now when will these!?!?
And that's a wrap! Any I missed? Was I too harsh on the ten above? Let me know your opinions in the comments below! Hopefully I'll get to the Top Ten Worst of 2012 (that *I* personally saw) either Wednesday or Friday. Tootleloo!