10. BACK TO THE FUTURE. Look! Lea Thompson again! Haha. Poor Marty....he's in a bit of a tough spot here. The only scheme he can think of to get his parents together is to make his dad look like the tough guy by rescuing his mom from....himself. Ugh. However Marty is far too much of a...chicken... to go through with it (and who can really blame him?) But Lorraine had thoughts of her own on the matter and makes the first move anyway...with hilarious and awkward results (Michael J. Fox's face is certainly priceless.) Don't worry, this isn't the only mother/son kiss on the list!
9. HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE. Okay, yes I'm including this one out of spite...but it makes me cringe every time. I know it's not the filmmakers fault they cast some bland poor little actress back in the second film for what they thought would be a minor part, and little did they know she'd end up being the main hero's love interest... Not much you can do there. But this girl is as stiff as a board. No charisma or screen presence whatsoever...and to be perfectly honest their kiss kind of reminds me of #5 on the list (you can guess which one since there are two #5's and either way would be right)
7. MINORITY REPORT. Not only is this kiss gross...it is so completely out there and has to pretty much make everyone scratch their heads when they saw it. In fact, it's actually become part of the FAQ on the IMDb's page of the movie. Uh...why does that old bag just decide to kiss Tom Cruise on the mouth out of NO WHERE? Answer.. uh....she's crazy!! Haha yeah, well whatever the reason it is disturbing indeed.
6. THE SHINING. The only thing worse than kissing that old bag? Realizing mid-makeout that you're actually kissing a corpse. Which is what Jack Torrence from The Shining happens to discover after meeting what he thought was a beautiful woman....but actually happened to be a decaying corpse. Tough break bro.
Luckily for y'all the picture doesn't even do it justice of how gross it is.
5. TIE PLANET OF THE APES. How do we one up an individual kissing a corpse or an 80-year old woman...why how about a super-intelligent monkey! This is definitely a kiss you can't help but be taken out of a movie with...it's just bizarre.
4. DUMB & DUMBER. I pretty much saw this one on every list I found...and there's definitely a reason. We know it's done for laughs...but it really doesn't make it any less painful or disgusting.
3. THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE. Riddle me this....what's worse than kissing a corpse, an 80-year old woman or a monkey? The answer? Angela Lansbury! And add in the fact that she's your MOM on top of that. And NO I'm not talking about an innocent peck (which I will admit, I still am not really comfortable with..) But a full on KISS.
2. THE INNOCENTS. With all of this talk of old women on the list, isn't it about time we included a child? This kiss is straight up CREEPY. I found the best description of it on a youtube video (which again, is it not creepy people are making fan videos of this "relationship"?) "In this disturbing scene the child Miles, who is possessed by the spirit of an adult, is put to bed by the Governess played by Deborah Kerr. He asks her to kiss him goodnight and kisses her fully on the lips and for a brief second she reciprocates which makes it all the more unsettling." Unsettling to say the least... definitely a what the HECK moment.
1. STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Star Wars wins again! But NOT in a good way. This one has just always grossed me out. Even when you didn't know the lineage...Luke probably looks his absolute worst in this scene and the whole thing is just awful. But any time after watching Return of the Jedi you can't help but want to die every time you see the satisfaction on Luke's face after the deed. Not only is it a disgusting kiss, but he ENJOYED IT!! I think that's the reason it clinches the top spot. THAT and the fact that I found so many silly videos dedicated to it (though not always the best edited...still good for a laugh.)Yeah we know she was doing it to make Han jealous but...come on girl there are better ways! Especially creepy when in Jedi Luke informs her of their relationship she responds with "I know...somehow I've always known." Really!? Even then?
It's totally the music that makes me laugh hard here..
DISHONORABLE MENTIONS: Everyone says I love you (which I have never seen but came across while researching this blog and yeah Woody Allen and Julia Roberts IS bad), The Terminal (not in the same league then....maybe now though!), A lot of lists included the final kiss from Ghost. As it is, it's a dumb kiss...but not repulsive. Had he actually kissed her when he was possessing Whoopi Goldberg I'd definitely agree though. Also I'm gonna say that kiss in It's A Wonderful Life...so violent and not in a good way! AND if I was including t.v. kisses (other than the aforementioned Virgin Diaries kiss), I'd also include a kiss Annie imagines Jeff and Britta having in season 2 of Community. Sarah also mentioned the Christian Bale and Winona Ryder spit trail kiss in Little Women as well as the kind of out of control Richard Gere and Julia Ormond kiss in First Knight. Are you people animals!?
Also if you can't get enough of terrible kisses here are a few more lists:
EMPIRE'S MOST AWKWARD KISSES
(FYI the Step-brothers one is very R-rated..)
very similar to mine, but I promise I only found this list when I was in picture finding mode!
MOVIE PHONE LIST
Mentioned all of these at one point, but CAN'T believe they included The Return of the King kiss. I actually really like that one....but uh not that version of it.
So which ones do you think are the worst? Any I missed?