THE WORST (Get off the stage and never show yourselves again, you movies are THE WORST!!)
10. The Beaver. Read my original review HERE. This movie was just toooooooo weird for me to get behind. When I can't suspend my belief for a film with a pretty crazy premise, it's realllllly hard to take it seriously. As a result, this movie was too melodramatic and painful for me to watch.
9. The Roommate. Okay this movie clearly knows it is dumb, but at the same time that doesn't really change how dumb it is. You know what you're getting into putting this one on, but it still isn't even really the kitschy dumb fun you'd hope for....just predictably dumb.
8. Red Riding Hood. Ditto to what I said about The Roommate, but this one is even worse. It could have reveled in the soap opera drama/horror and embraced it, instead it was pretty boring for as entertaining as it could have been. I wanted it to be laughably bad, but it was more boring bad. Shame. So much potential.
HERE. I wanted to like this movie so badly. The preview looked promising and I liked the storytelling concept. When the highly mediocre reviews came out, I was still determined to see it and keep an open mind and maybe just maybe I would still like it. While I was in the theater, I noticed even in the beginning there was always something off about it. Throughout the whole thing something was just missing....but even still it wasn't THAT bad....or so I thought. Then it reaches this point....this anti-climactic point where it keeps going and you KNOW that is never a good thing because it means a dumb twist is around the corner to ruin the whole already mediocre movie. So then once it is finished, you feel that not only was the movie dumb, but even worse it cheated you as the audience and there's really nothing worse than that.....oh except that there's still 6 movies that ranked higher (or is it lower haha) than this one left on the list!
5. Apollo 18. Original review HERE. I'm not going to lie. It probably would be more entertaining watching paint dry than watching this movie. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
4. What's Your Number? Yeah....another bad chick flick. This one had such potential too. I really like Anna Faris, and I just looooove Chris Evans, but this movie was just awful....painfully awful. There came a point in this movie where it literally was giving me pain to try and finish it. It was soooo dumb. Every stupid trope from a romantic comedy was there to a tee. I'm thinking maybe I should make a BINGO card for romantic comedy tropes you can play with anytime you put on the latest Hollywood clunker rom-com. This one would give you a blackout for sure. I don't think I laughed once during the whole movie. Just remembering it right now makes me angry, so I'm not going to dwell on it anymore. Just take my word for it, it was baaaaaad.
3. New Year's Eve. Original review HERE. You would do pretty well with that BINGO card I previously mentioned here as well. It was really a tossup which was worse between this and What's Your Number because I have similar complaints with each. However I would say this one edges it out because it's even MORE formulaic annnnnnnnd with so many characters there's even less care spent and hardly any depth or character development. Also you just KNOW that this film is a cash in and you can tell because there is hardly anyone who is giving this movie anything other than a phoned in performance. Also prettty much all of the plotlines are awful. I really could go on and on, but I already did in the blog post I originally wrote for it! Haha!
2. Waiting For Forever. Original review HERE. This movie is creepy as heck. It's like a bad train wreck that you just can't turn away from but you really REALLY should. Stalker with clear mental problems and no personal responsibility is the main love interest and protagonist? You know that's gotta be good right? But still not as bad as..........
1. Something Borrowed. Original review HERE. Yep this one has got to be the worst. It has everything those other movies have and more (formula, awfulness, etc.) excepppppppppppt for the fact that it not only sqaunders the only likable person in the cast, but it craps all over him after setting him up as the only person you care what happens to. Bad movies are one thing, but bad movies where you detest everrrrry character except for one that they happen to treat like crap? Unbearable. I wanted to screaaaaaaaaam during this movie. Not unlike this:
Dishonorable Mentions: Cowboys & Aliens - soooooo much wasted potential and absolutely forgettable. I hardly remember a dang thing about the movie. Water For Elephants - boring, manipulative and hardly any romantic chemistry between Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson.